- Package of $70 – 90K plus PBI tax-free fringe benefits
- Opportunity for tax exempt remote area housing benefit
- Family friendly work environment
iBase is a 100% indigenous owned & operated business providing business & accounting support to indigenous owned businesses in the East Kimberley. iBase is one of Wunan Foundation’s social enterprises that supports what Wunan does in the community. Wunan is a leading Aboriginal development organisation based in the East Kimberley. Its purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people in the region enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent, fulfilling lives
IBase is seeking an accountant to join a cohesive team of accountants and bookkeepers. The position would ideally suit someone who has sound theoretical knowledge, possess hands on experience and is passionate about assisting people with limited financial literacy.
Living and working in the most remote part of WA and serving the most disadvantaged communities and organisations is a unique challenge. Effective interpersonal skills, excellent customer service, and an enthusiasm for life in the outback will be critical to your success in this role.
We are looking for candidates with a solutions-focused approach and a demonstrated ability to resolve issues and deal with change in a proactive, dynamic way. A positive outlook and a genuine desire to make a difference to Aboriginal lives is a must.
Reporting to the iBase Manager, your duties would include:
- Producing monthly management reports, including grant reporting
- Presenting financials at board meetings
- Providing financial reports to grant-funding bodies
- Supervising team members and providing guidance
- Preparing payroll, AR, AP, reconciliations
- Preparing budgets for clients
- Providing business advice to clients
- Lodging BAS on behalf of clients
- Attend client meetings when needed
- Maintaining client relationships with timely responses to enquiries
- Liaising successfully with other parties: auditors, funding bodies, regulators etc.
- Contributing to the strategic growth and success of iBase.
Please note that a CA/CPA/ CIMA or other comparable qualification is a minimum requirement for this position. However, if you have progressed at least 75% in attaining your professional membership and possess other supplementary skills and qualifications, we would like you to apply for the role.
This is a rare opportunity to join a collaborative, professional team with a vibrant culture at an employer of choice in the beautiful East Kimberly. If you are looking to diversify your experience and develop your career in a leading not-for- profit organisation, please apply now.
Applications close on 14th May 2018.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.