iBase is a 100% indigenous owned & operated business providing business & accounting support to indigenous owned businesses in the East Kimberley. iBase is one of Wunan Foundation’s social enterprises that supports what Wunan does in the community. Wunan is a leading Aboriginal development organisation based in the East Kimberley. Its purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people in the region enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent, fulfilling lives
iBase consists a cohesive team of accountants, bookkeepers and business professionals. Living and working in the most remote part of WA and serving the most disadvantaged communities and organisations is a unique challenge. Effective interpersonal skills, excellent customer service, and an enthusiasm for life in the outback is critical to your success within iBase.
Candidates with a solutions-focused approach and a demonstrated ability to resolve issues and deal with change in a proactive, dynamic way are highly desired. A positive outlook and a genuine desire to make a difference to Aboriginal lives is a must.
Reporting to the iBase Manager, your duties would include but not limited to:
- Processing of the Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable functions
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist Accountant in producing monthly management reports
- Assist Accountant in presenting financials at board meetings
- Maintenance of asset register
- Assist Accountant in providing financial reports to grant-funding bodies
- Attend client meetings when needed
- Maintaining client relationships with timely responses to enquiries
- Assist Accountant in preparing budgets for clients
- Providing business advice to clients
- Lodging BAS on behalf of clients
- Liaising successfully with other parties: auditors, funding bodies, regulators etc.
- Contributing to the strategic growth and success of iBase.
If you would like to be considered when a new opportunity comes up, please apply here.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.