iBase is a 100% indigenous owned and operated business providing business and accounting support to indigenous owned businesses in the East Kimberley. iBase is one of Wunan Foundation’s social enterprises that supports what Wunan does in the community. Wunan is a leading Aboriginal development organisation based in the East Kimberley. Its purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people in the region enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent, fulfilling lives.
iBase is seeking a HR Business Development Lead to establish a new HR service offering model as it looks to expand its operations and provide Aboriginal organisations Human Resources support. iBase has grown its business successfully over a five year period and is now seeking to accelerate its growth to capitalise on the market opportunity presented including HR. The position would ideally suit someone who has expertise in establishing and driving strategic growth in Human Resource advice and working with other Aboriginal organisations to help them achieve their strategic, operational and performance goals and appropriate management of people issues.
Living and working in the most remote part of WA and serving the most disadvantaged communities and organisations is a unique challenge. Effective interpersonal skills, excellent customer service, and an enthusiasm for life in the outback will be critical to your success in this role.
We are looking for candidates with a solutions-focused approach and a demonstrated ability to resolve issues and deal with change in a proactive, dynamic way. A positive outlook and a genuine desire to make a difference to Aboriginal lives is a must.
Appreciating this is a dual role, reporting to the iBase Manager, your initial duties would include:
- Contribute to the strategic growth and success of iBase by developing the HR service offering
- Determine the extent of the service offering by leveraging subject matter expertise in HR processes including HR strategy, recruitment and onboarding, talent and staff development, reporting, reward, workplace health and safety, workforce development , compensation and benefits and employee relations
- Engage and build referral relationships with other providers to ensure appropriate services are made available to clients at competitive rates
- Identify and gather information on potential clients and personally lead the development of those relationships
- Identify and gather information on clients’ HR issues through face to face meetings
- Create iBase’s point of view and develop HR propositions to take to potential clients
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ and their business to ensure the client remains in control
- Focus on current issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicates to clients
Once the HR service offering is established, your continuing duties would include:
- Lead the iBase human resource (HR) function, providing HR support and advice to other Aboriginal organisations, and guiding them to achieve their HR goals and workforce performance expectations
- Coach, advise and direct other Aboriginal organisations on people management best practice and human resources processes and practices; managing issues to achieve the expected performance, benefits and value
- Advise other Aboriginal organisations on how to manage employee discipline, grievance and alternate dispute resolutions matters as appropriate
- Develop innovative and strategic solutions to people management issues and challenges
- Ensure organisation compliance with relevant policies, procedures, legislation and regulations
- Provide subject matter expertise in HR processes as defined by the extent of iBases’ service offering
- Attend client meetings when needed
- Maintain client relationships with timely responses to enquiries
- Liaise successfully with other parties: funding bodies, regulators etc.
Please note a tertiary level qualification in Human Resources is a minimum requirement for this position as well as at least 5 years’ demonstrated experience in human resource management and at least 3 years’ experience in a client-facing professional role. Experience in business development and driving and executing strategic growth is an advantage.
This is a rare opportunity to join a collaborative, professional team with a vibrant culture at an employer of choice in the beautiful East Kimberley. If you are looking to diversify your experience and develop your career in a leading not-for-profit organization, please apply now.
Applications close on 28th May 2018.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.